Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Thing #9

I have the same feeling about RSS feeds that I had when internet searching began. Overwhelmed! As I was looking through the various "finders" I began to get the sinking feeling that I would never catch up. I know that I just need to take it one babystep at a time and soon I will be running with the big boys and girls!

I found that Edublog's Award Winners was a great place to find the most popular blogs. I subscribed to one of the librarian blogs. It was nice to be able to click on one that was interesting and subcribe easily. I thought Topix.net was a little confusing. I couldn't decifer whether you would be subscribing to the whole site or if you could get a portion. Perhaps I need to look at it with fresh eyes and try again!

With some of the blogs I visited, I felt like I was evesdropping in the middle of stories. It's kinda like beginning to watch a movie when it has been playing a while. It takes a little more effort to catch up.

The most useful way I have found to subscribe to feeds is to look for subscriptions in your favorite websites. If you visit a site often, then that is a clue you like the site. Why not get the site to come to you? If an RSS feed is available, then one should give it a try.

No comments: