Friday, January 11, 2008

Thing #17

I really like using the web-based productivity applications. I used Zoho writer and it was as easy and familiar as Microsoft Office. I looked into the other publication applications also. It seems these days I have about 3 or 4 computers I work on. I am constantly having to save to my flash drive and then upload to the other computer. Watch out flash drive manufacturers....web-based apps are trying to put you out of business!

In our previous tasks, I thought wikis were the ultimate collaboration tool. These web-based productivity applications are the icing on the top. Now after the research/collaboration has be completed, the groups can produce their findings. After production, they can publish them to the public, e-mail them to the appropriate people, and be proud of themselves! It makes me think that soon we may not need paper copies of assignments anymore. In my graduate classes everything is done electronically...with public school catch up with that?

1 comment:

learninglou said...

I agree that Zoho writer was very easy to use. I don't know when public schools will do everything electronically, but did see in the newspaper where they had online classes for 4-8 graders.