Friday, January 11, 2008

Thing #15

I think Wikis are the wave of the future. The posibilities are endless. It's like collaborative learning at its best. In the schools and libraries they could be used for research projects, book clubs or any other club, parent/teacher communication, or just for fun. Classes could also connect with other students from all over to collaboratively learn. You could have study buddies across the nation or even the globe! Having a library wiki could be a good way for hesitant communicators become active participants. Shy patrons could give their ideas and book suggestions more easily.

I also think I would like to create a wiki for my family. Now that all of my cousins have grown up and we live scattered around the U.S., having a family wiki would allow us to share what is going on in our lives much easier.

1 comment:

Farm Boy said...

I agree with you Wikis are the wave of the future. I also liked the idea of using Wikis for research.You came up with ways to use Wikis that I think would be helpful everyone.