Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Thing #18

I had a great time exploring some items on the award list. The first place I visited was the games. While there I played Guess the Google. In this game you are given a set of google images. You guess the search term that is used to obtain the images. Some were simple because the search word was in the images, or they were a common color. Others were a little more challenging to find the common link. To add difficulty to this you only have 20 seconds. I also played around on Games2web.com. It is full of short games to pass some time. Some are as mindless as moving your mouse to make squares disappear, and others flashed numbers and colors and you had to guess which item was removed. I might be a good thing that gamming in blocked by the district...I could forsee these games used frequently!

I also took a look at the One Sentence site in the fun stuff catagory. Participants wrote a sentence that was really revealing of themselves. Here is an example of one of the entries written by the user named 1up; I realized what irony was when I reached for my box of birth control hidden in a baby's onesie!

2 comments:

Brittney said...

I promise that I did not look at your Thing #18 post before I did mine but we looked at many of the same Web2.0 award sites!! I have become slightly obsessed with Guess-the-Google and One Sentence. Take a look at my Thing #18 post to see how I connected One Sentence to the library. (I think I am going to start the one sentence book review with 3rd graders using the Mockingbird Books.)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.