Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Thing #13

Social bookmarking sounds like a great thing. I have not used this before, but I use so many different computer from work to home that I need a site like this!

I think this will be great for research. When a topic is decided, a bookmark could be created then may the site additions begin. I think it will be interesting to see how students will tag things. I love to find out how their mind works.

Librarians can use this tool to share and network. I am constantly looking for new ideas, and this would be another perfect spot to find them.

As we work through all the tasks, I found that lots of these tools give us new avenues to share and network with one another. I remember when I was super excited about America Online because I could easiy find new friends. I thought now the world is at my fingertips, and the world is getting smaller. Now this is even more true. Anything I want or need to find is just a click away. If I can't find it...surely there is someone out there that knows what I need.

1 comment:

Midnight said...

I also thought that social bookmarking would be so beneficial to use during research; hey, why not use what others have found? This is a great way to compile a site list, in one place that can be accessed anywhere.