Monday, October 22, 2007

Thing #2

It was great to view the 7.5 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners. I came from the old school of thought that when we finished school, learning was over! I love this concept that we are constantly learning. I hope to enstill this thought in the learners in my school, and my social network.

The habit that I think is the strongest in me is "Accept responsibility fro you own learning". I learned a long time ago, if you want something, you have to go get it. I've always been very independent and done things as I pleased (I'm not sure that is always a great thing!).

The habit that I think is the weakest in me is "View problems as challenges". Just last week when I was trying to complete an assignment for a graduate class, I had a little meltdown because things were just not working! To top it all off, the leftover supper I had planned to take to lunch the next day was ruined because the cricket invasion at my house! I forgot to take a deep breath and relax and "view the problems as a challenge". After a few tears, and conseling from my husband, I went to bed vowing to tackle the problems the next day. I did find the solutions to my problems, and had a great lunch despite the nasty crickets! Had I just veiwed the problems as challenges, the meltdown would have been avoided!

No comments: